Sunday, September 25, 2011

Frankenstein by Mary Shelley


Click Here for some cool Frankenstein quotes !

"My father did not hesitate, and immediately went to Italy that he might accompany the little Elizabeth to her future home"(Shelley p.19). I believe this is an important part of the book because it symbolized the care of their family. Through-out the book there were statements made about how close the family is. The first few pages were about the brother R.Walton, keeping in touch with the family. This caught my attention because most people in the society are not as close like this anymore. Reasons why I say this is because back in the 80's or 90's, most families did not have a television in the kids room. This cause the kids to come out their rooms and watch television with the family, and this brought them together. Now that there are televisions in every room of the house this causes the family to stick to themselves and not communicate with other members of the family. In another part of the book Walton talks about gaining a friend. I believe he wants someone to embark on his journey with, and cherish the moments because his family isn't there to enjoy it with him. And like most people in the society he needs someone to uplift his spirits and keep him going. Family is the strongest thing in the society today. Not enough money in the world can buy someone a good friend or the real love of a person, or family. Something that I recognized in the book is that you have to hold on tight to the people in your life. When William died I believed he felt bad because out of all that times he could seen the smiles on everyone's faces and embraced the moments with William, Walton only happened to make it to the funeral, which was bad timing. I believe this contributes to the meaning of the novel because in general it was about family, and stay close to those people because the other people in the society can careless.

1 comment:

  1. I think your post was very relevant to your quote. You did really good analyzing this quote in a way that I didn't even think so. I agree with you that families aren't as close as they used to be. My family is very rarely all together.

    ReplyDelete