Sunday, October 2, 2011

Reflections on Revision

 
Hey Click Here for a Revision Checklist to help out on essays !
  
When i was editing my rough draft i have notice there were some surface errors. I took the time to reread it out loud and focus on the things that didn't seem right. I noticed some run-on's also and tried to correct those to the best of my ability. I also changed my thesis statement to make the rest of my paragraphs flow in the rest of my essay. Before writing my paper i started off with a free write to get a foundation on what i wanted my essay to sound like and be about. After this i try to put it in some order i would like to discuss things in my essay. I usually don't revise my papers i have friends read them and help me out with them, and let me know if i did well or not. I get my friends to read it so i can have someone else's perceptive on my essay, and to see how it sounds to them. The benefits that revising has is to make essays more legible and correct. The more process people put into their essay the more better the essay come out in the end. One thing i need to work on is my conclusions and how i put my essay together in the end. Some revisions i plan on making is fixing my topic sentences in my essays to make them more understandable, and not all over the place. So working on my essays sounding more on the college level then making them seem basic.
     The surface errors in my essay were basically spell corrections and sentence errors. One thing i had to remember was the fanboys to help me correct my run on sentences. Most of the time my sentences do not make sence at first but going over them myself and having friends go over and check them helps me out also. One thing that helps me is having a lot of rough drafts befor i acctually get to the final one because then i feel more confident about my essays and the sound way better in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment