Friday, October 7, 2011

Summary of a Critical Response

          In the article "On Frankenstein" written in 1831 by Percy Bysshe, the author discusses the importance and relevance of the story. Readers might ask themselves what possessed the author to put these things together the way she did. The author discusses how cleaver Shelley put events in the story together. When people read Frankenstein they are left stunned in the suspend throughout the story. The story brings suspense and while reading it, readers might get emotional and anticipate the moments that bring the story together. Bysshe says, "This novel rests its claim on being a source of powerful and profound emotion (p.185)." Basically saying that this novel is based on mostly sensation. The opinions are so fond and harmless that the characters where created When reading this book even the simple mind can be brought into deeper thought. This author also stated that not everyone who reads will be touched or moved by this story. In this story the pathos are very profound and the characters cause it to be more impassioned. The author also relates it to society and when people lose the money they well spend seems to be worthless. The event that Bysshe wants people to recognize is the scene when the Being and the blind de Lacey are in the cottage seems to bring more pity that people could ever recall. Reading this story causes intense sentiment. When the death of Elisabeth happened the story of Frankenstein grew deeper and more serious.
          When Percy Bysshe address her opinion about the story i agreed with her mostly. Yes, i do believe that the story Frankenstein brought a lot of emotion as people read. Starting from the beginning readers can tell that Frankenstein is family oriented. He cared a lot about his relations not just with family but with others also. Throughout the story as he was planning and traveling his family did pass. I found this event along with others to be deeply sorrowful. I have learned in certain scenes that did have apathy then in other events. This article helped my recognize how to set up a good paper for essay three, and a good foundation on how to write a literary criticism paper. This article would be good for me to use in my essay, and with other essay to help me expand on my paper. 

2 comments:

  1. Good Post!!
    I agree when I read this analysis I thought that it would make a great outline and help for writing essay three. I liked how you made the connection that Frankenstein was family oriented. I also think that sorrow was a huge theme found throughout the book and one could use that in the essay comming due as well. And your image fits very well with the colors and set up of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Amber!
    I really liked how you found the relationship that Frankenstein is family oriented. He may feel a sense of isolated but he still cares. After reading your post and analysis, I feel I relate more to this article and may use it in my essay instead. Great job on quoting the novel, it helped further my perspective on things!

    ReplyDelete