Friday, October 21, 2011

Mid-Term Check in

Dear Ms. Cline
My progress in this class has been progressing. My biggest challenge in the class has been getting use to doing this all online. Im use to my English classes being in class courses, so i did think that this was going to effect me because i wouldn't really understand what i would be doing. Another thing that took some getting use to was the blogging. I know in the society today a lot of people use the Internet to communicate with others like social networking and other things but i found theblogging confusing at first. As any other social networking sites that i do use i had to go and explore and mess around with the different tools on there to understand how to post things and how to understand certain thing on the website. I wouldn't say that i dislike blogging i just know after this class i will not be blogging anymore because it is still somewhat confusing, and challenging for me. The readings in the class has took an affect on me because it was hard to understand. Since the class in not class room based there isn't really open discussions about the readings to understand it so students have to go and re-read or find help on their own.
 
I would say literary analysis isn't really any different from what i have been writing in college. In my previous classes my instructors would have students do exerciseson how to analyze a book. I wouldn't say that i am good at doing literary analysis but i would say i have touched base on knowing the concept of doing so. One thing that i would like to improve on is doing better on literary analysis in different novels and passages. As a writer i am still in the process of getting better. Other writtingthat i have done for this class i have done in other class like summarizing. I found summarizing to be easy because i was use to doing that all the time in high school also.
 
Even-though i found taking an online class can be very challenging i believe that i can pull though with a good learning experienceMy goals for the second half of the session is to be more ahead of my work. Another would be going to see a tutor more often to get help with my eassy and other work in the course. One thing i will work harder on in the second session is my peer editing on my essays. If i get more people to read my essays they should come together better. I figure if this class were more class room based i would do better on my essays because i can understand what i am doing wrong right then and there, other than going on my own time because i seem to be busy. I need to set times where i meet with tutors and my instructor. I understand now that in order to succeed in the next session i will have to do better on my time management
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment