Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Reflection on the Course

Dear Ms. Cline:
I can honestly say that English 102 has well prepared me for my future. The skills I have gained from the class will forever assist me in the future. I have corrected and understood more clearly how to cite my work and analyze. For my next classes I believe the things that I have learned in the course will help in my next level of classes. I know further along the way my next classes are going to consist of me write a research paper and maybe even analyze a text. Another thing I have learned was how to better structure my essays so that readers can have a better understanding when reading them. The readings in the class have affected me because some were hard to understand but when I did get the concept or an idea of what I thought about the readings, I felt it made me better of a reader and thinker to write what I thought of the readings. In this course i tried to have a different outlook on the things I read. One thing I tried to achieve in this class was to have a better aspect on the readings, and I believe I have accomplished that.

One of the essays that I have written called Frankenstein. Frankenstein is also a story people already know, heard, or had seen before. When I had a chance to actually read the story for myself I felt I had a different outlook on the book. Many people that I have known to have read this all have the same thing to say about it but I actually thought my aspect about the theme was unique and different. I believe that I have accomplished some of the learning outcomes in the class. My essays I have applied a good tone and voice to my thesis statements. One thing that was challenging but I feel as though I have accomplished also is analyzing a text. I have a better understanding on how to analyze a passage. Analyzing was something I was already taught but I feel I have a better understanding of how to do it better now.

My writing has changed because I have a better structured way of writing. When writing my paragraphs and sentences I feel as though I have gone up a level. My writing has improved more into college level writing. When writing my analyzation of a poem I felt as though I was being challenged to write a critical analyzation of no other. I found my essay the field of Skulls to be very well thought out. Yes, it was a challenge because I didn't have enough time to get the amount of help that I wanted but I believe my essay came out pretty well. When trying to figure out a poem there are so many inferences someone can make about it but I thought my idea was pretty impressive. In the beginning one of my biggest challenges were finding and accepting the different between analyzing and summarizing. I found the concepts of both and now I know how to better separate the two for a better understanding.

Thank you for taking the time and effort to better help and improve my writing habits for the future.

Sincerely,
 
Amber Watkins

No comments:

Post a Comment