Sunday, November 6, 2011

Annotated Bibliography


Callahan, John. "F. Scott Fitzgerald's Evolving American Dream: The "Pursuit of Happiness" in Gatsby, Tender is the Night, and the Last Tycoon." Twentieth Century Literature 42.3 (1996): 374-95. ProQuest Research Library. Web. 6 Nov. 2011.

In this source the author goes over all three books by F. Scott Fitzgerald. One of the main books that i am focusing on is The Great Gatsby. But i thought this article would be helpful because the authors perception is based around all three books. The author gives general ideas on what the author, Fitzgerald, was generalizing on in all of his books. I will use this in my paper to support my thesis and in some paragraphs to support main topics as well. I am unsure how i would incorporate this into my thesis now but i do believe this is a good article to refer to when i am working on my essay. 
 
Fitzgerald, Scott. The Great Gatsby. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1925. Print.


I have chosen to use this source because it kind of relates to his life. This book reiterates what he went through when he was in love, in reality. Not everything in his book The Great Gatsby is what happend in real life but i would say it gets similar. I believe that this would help my thesis also and support my essay. The theme in the book will also help my essay in supporting it as well.  
 
Fitzgerald, Scott. This Side of Paradise. Westminster: Ballantine Books, 2005. Ebrary. Web. 2 Nov. 2011.

I chose to write about this book because i feel he relates it to his life like he does in The great Gatsby. When he wrote the the Great Gatsby i believe there were many similarities. This book The side of paradise will help me support my thesis and be good evidence in my writing. There are many parts of the story where the author has used related themes in both books. This is a good resource for my paper so when i talk about the theme it will calaborate as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment